After a week with huge focus on two decisions, Nani’s red card and Fergie not playing Rooney, it’s time to turn our eyes towards The Theatre of Dreams yet again. This time, for a FA Cup clash with Chelsea. So what are my thoughts for tonight‘s game?
I feel fairly confident in fact and pretty sure of a United win. Of course, you should never count out Chelsea, but United has been in great form and the Madrid result will only further fuel sir Alex’s men.
It’ll be interesting to see what kind of team Fergie puts out there. You never know what he will do, but here is my suggestion.
David De Gea
– De Gea has grown very much in my eyes since his arrival last summer and is now clearly Ferguson’s first choice.
– Evra is probably the easiest choice in taking out the squad.
– Was good against Real Madrid. The captain is obvious in the starting line-up.
– Plenty of routine as well as skill. Could take Evans as well, but I’d go for Rio
– Has become the obvious choice at right back. Good both offensively and defensively. His best qualities are in the offence.
– The left wing is a tough choice and it may as well end up in Welbeck or Nani playing there. I would choose Kagawa however since he is in good form and I think he would fit good against a Chelsea side. At first I wanted to choose a more clear winger, but Evra is good in overlapping down the flank and we could use him to widen the play while Kagawa drops into the centre of the pitch a bit.
– Secure and can control the play and tempo.
– Has become better and better and is now one of the best midfielders in United.
– A clear winger who can stretch out the Chelsea defence. Could also choose Nani, but Valencia is better defensively which probably will be important in the game.
– Has a good striker partnership with RvP and can help the midfield in defence.
Robin van Persie
– Has been great this season and is important for the United offence.
The biggest questions to me are the flanks and it’ll be interesting to see how Fergie solves that. These were my suggestions however and I think we’ll see a quite similar starting XI tonight.